Friday, April 8, 2011

The Pleasures of Living


Couch Jumpers 01, originally uploaded by Tanner Almon.
In Man's Search for Meaning, Viktor E. Frankl writes that:
"...The pessimist resembles a man who observes with fear and sadness that his wall calendar, from which he daily tears a sheet, grows thinner with each passing day. On the other hand, the person who attacks the problems of life actively is like a man who removes each successive leaf from his calendar and files it neatly and carefully away with its predecessors, after first having jotted down a few diary notes on the back. He can reflect with pride and joy on all the richness set down in these notes, on all the life he has already lived to the fullest."

Inspired by this, I've challenged myself to write one short positive reflection about each day. I don't really use my Twitter account, so I thought I would post them there. We'll see how long this lasts. Check it out or try it yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails