Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baked Tofu Sandwich


This is a delicious sandwich I made based on a recipe at Selfish Vegan.  My sandwich of course isn't vegan because I used cheese.  This sandwich is easy to make and tastes great with sweet potato fries.

Ingredients
Extra Firm Tofu
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic
Pesto
Dijon Mustard
Lettuce (or fresh basil)
Tomato
Yellow Onion
Havarti Cheese
Fake Bacon (I used Morning Star)
French Bread

Preparation
Drain the tofu, then place it between several paper towels. Put something heavy on top to squish out the liquid. I've read that you should leave it overnight, but I only waited a couple hours and this worked fine. Slice the tofu block into four thin pieces then marinate it in olive oil and garlic for two hours. Bake the tofu for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. The tofu should brown and the edges should be crispy. Then simply cook up the fake bacon and assemble sandwich!

Enjoy!
Save any unused tofu for quick sandwiches later.  Also, if you like this sandwich try experimenting with different marinades next time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails