Friday, November 13, 2009

Hassled


., originally uploaded by Federico Erra.
I got on the bus yesterday and the only seat left was in the very back of the bus right in the middle of a bunch of guys. "Whatever," I thought and just sat there. These boys were either younger college students or teens in high school. They were all the same ethnicity, but I'm not really sure what it was. They looked sort of Middle Eastern. They were rowdy and talked in a language that I am not familiar with. I felt like they were talking about me, but I just tried to ignore it.

There was a leader of the group which was more self confident than the rest. He was wearing a fedora (vomit!) and picking on one of the other kids who had a notebook. He ripped the notebook from the kid and said something like, "This guy is always asking me questions, can you believe it? Why don't you try to answer them?" I could barely understand him because of his accent so this isn't a direct quote. The notebook contained a list of questions about downloading music. Which is the most popular site to download music from etc. I was like, "I don't know anything about this. I download music illegally." and the incident goes on from there with them attempting to talk to me, laughing to themselves, and me trying to ignore them. I get off the bus and they wave out the windows at me and I resist the urge to make derogatory gestures at them.

Rosa Parks was right! The back of the bus sucks! I'm twenty-four, I'm too old to be hassled by immature guys! That's pretty much the reason I quit my last job! What the heck?!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails