Friday, June 22, 2012

Which is best: Organix Argan Oil vs Moroccan Oil


I had my hair dyed (well, bleached and dyed) blond and it ended up fried and coarse. It was pretty terrible. So much so, that my mom actually gave me a bottle of Moroccan Oil and suggested I use it. MOROCCAN OIL IS AMAZING! It absorbs instantly into my hair, smooths it and some how no matter how much I use, it doesn't make my hair oily. I love it and was really upset when I ran out, since a tiny bottle costs $30-$40.

 In an attempt to find a knock off, I purchased Organix Moroccan Argan Oil at Target for about $9.  Is it worth it?  No!  Organix Argan Oil is nothing like Moroccan Oil.  First of all, Organix Argan Oil is not organic.  Funny, huh?  Secondly, the Organix version does not react the same way in my hair.  When I apply Moroccan Oil to my wet hair the water instantly starts to slick off my hair.  My hair feels soft and flexible.  The knock off is sort of sticky and should you accidently apply too much, your hair will stick together in greasy clumps.


The Verdict:  I've heard that there are good argan oils out there comparable to Moroccan Oil, but Organix's version is not one of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually both these products are practically the same. If you take a look at the ingredients list, you wil notice that all the ingredients are exactly the same except one. Even the order they are in is the same. The one ingredient that is different is Organix argan oil contains C12-15 alkyl benzoate, which is used as an emmolient, humectant and thickener. The last three ingredients in the morroccan oil brand are not found in the organix mix but the tiny amounts that are in that product probaby wouldn't make much of a difference. But for the sake of thoughough comparison lets take a look at them.
Coumarin - type of fragance can be a skin irritant
Benzyl benzoate - often added to make a hard product more flexible. Such as nail polishes, has a floral smell so it probably adds to the fragrance
Alpha-isomethyl ionone - Synthetic version of yet another fragrance
(http://www.tightlycurly.com/ingredients/)
So these last three ingredients have no added value whatsoever. Looking at the ingredients, the price and having tried both these products myself, the ability of the products, I would definitley choose the organix mix seeing as it is the same thing for a much lesser price. In europe organix - €12 and moroccan oil - €40

Anonymous said...

Might I add that these prices are both for 100 ml worth of product. And a little goes a long was. With both.

Viviask said...

I've used argan oil in my hair, just not these brands. I have a bottle of Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil for my hair which I use for heat styling and it's worked well so far to protect it and get it looking shiny.

Anonymous said...

It's my first time to use this moroccan Argan oil! Hopefully it will work. I get to know this product from a party friend who has a curly hair and he said it works! Accidentally while shopping I bumped into this so I bought one for 10$. How come they don't have small one so I can try it first for lesser price? :) happy holidays

Anonymous said...

I use the Organix brand but I started using it two years ago before it became a popular item. I do not use a lot though and only once per week. I do not think it is greasy at all and it makes my hair really smooth and healthy looking. That said, all hair is different and will react differently. I do have a suspicious feeling that now that Argan oil is popular, Organix will change their recipe to include less expensive products in the mix. I notice they now have 3 different strengths for purchase where in the past there was only one. I like it and will continue to use it SPARINGLY in my hair.

"moroccanoil" said...

Hi this nice site. I love this site.

"moroccanoil"

Anonymous said...

Pro Naturals makes the best in my opinion! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails