Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wars Bring out the Bestial in People


A1 Waste Paper Co Mail Art Incoming 1985, originally uploaded by ART NAHPRO.

I always wanted a pen pal. I love sending mail and thought it would be a good idea to have a designated person to do this with. Someone who would be as interested in writing letters as I am. A few months ago, I found Any Soldier, a website that is supposed to hook you up with a pen pal. You write a letter then it is given to someone who doesn't/didn't receive any mail. VoilĂ ! Pen pals!

I carefully typed a thoughtful letter on my vintage typewriter. I'm not patriotic, but I even expressed my gratitude to the soldier for their service in Afghanistan. I sent photos of Whiskeytown Lake. I offered to send supplies. Did this person write back? NO! Did they e-mail? NO!

Well, this certainly reflects poorly on the United States Army and I am going to take this personally!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Sounds like you came on to strong, they probably thought you were a weirdo. Really, what would you think if you got a letter like that from a complete stranger?

.hillsy.heart. said...

Oh Timothy, I am a weirdo.

Anyway, that soldier probably didn't get any mail from his family or friends because he is inconsiderate and never writes back. The soldier's family is probably fed up by how selfish he is and chooses not have any contact with him and is glad that he is in Afghanistan... or maybe not.

Related Posts with Thumbnails