Monday, December 28, 2009

Twilight vs True Blood?


snow white- asleep, originally uploaded by savvymercury.
I just started reading "Dead Until Dark," part of the True Blood series, and it looks like Twilight ripped off some of the major elements. I could be wrong though. Maybe reading minds is an essential element of any vampire-human romance novel.

According to some information on the internet, Stephenie Meyer never read any of the books in the True Blood series. Somehow, I find this hard to believe. I haven't watched the show yet, but the books seem quite similar. There are only a couple elements of the book I don't like. One is that it takes place in the South. Southern drawls just aren't my thing. The second is the strange sex scenes. Okay, I get that there is some biting going on, but using vampire blood to "heal" her after she loses her virginity?! That crosses the line for me!

2 comments:

Lo said...

I LOVE the twilight saga. have not read the true blood series yet but I am starting the house of night series after I read The Help which is totally unrelated to vampires but does take place in the south, LOL Anyway, when Im done with the house of night I am going to start the true blood series.

.hillsy.heart. said...

I think that anyone who likes Twilight will like True Blood. I just started watching the show today, it's okay. I definitely prefer the book. I have the same feelings about the Twilight movies though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails